Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Conversations With Groobs

I dressed you in sweats one morning and we headed to a doctor appointment. After the appointment I offered to take you Christmas shopping. This was your reply: "Not in my SWEATS, Mom!" I guess you rarely wear them and understand the importance of staying well groomed. I think that's a good thing. :) I also wanted you to try on a hat in the store and you said, "don't mess up my hair!" ...this coming from my very stylish 3 year old. 

After fixing the toilet when the chain came unhooked, you said: "You FIXED it, Mom? I'm UMpressed!"

You had been playing in your bed with a tractor for quite some time. I came in and asked you to park it and tell it good night. You replied, "What?! I'm so confuuuused."

You always tell me to "have patience!"

Never do you ask for help. I am often stopped in my tracks with a hand in the air, a cute head nod with eye brows raised telling me "I got it. I can do it myself."

You have the funniest baby talk with your brother. You call him "Bode Boy" and "cutie patootie". You often ask him questions and then answer for him saying, "Yes, you ARE handsome, Boden" or "Yes you DO like tractors, Boden." You also call him by his full name all the time. "Mom, I think we should get Boden Jeramy dressed, don't you?"

At the dinner table you asked what kind of meat we were eating. "Are these ribs?" (you know what ribs are thanks to Daddy's Anatomy book you love.) We replied that they were in fact ribs. "Are they ribs from a cow or a human?" ... actually they are from a pig. "Well I like to eat human ribs." ...*crickets*...

mom: "Do you know who Heavenly Father is?"
Lucas: "His son is named Jesus. He says, "This is my BELIEVE-ED son... Hear him."

Your favorite thing to do is read our Book of Mormon "Hero" cards. They're like trading cards of prophets from the BOM. Right now you love Ammon and the gory story of him cutting off the arms of wicked Lamanites - which is in fact way too old for you and definitely rated-R. You can finish my sentences while I read it and you love the part where it says "Ammon had the power of GOD." but you say "DOD" because G's are still hard for you to pronounce.

The other day you prayed that you would someday get to ride on a train. And in case Heavenly Father didn't know, you repeated yourself more specifically, "a passenger train."

I love you and I really love talking to you. Thanks for keeping us on our toes.

hugs & kisses,
"mommy"

No comments:

Post a Comment