Monday, May 28, 2012

 Dear Lucas,
What a wonderful family home evening we had at the temple together. You were so excited to see Angel Moroni. You wondered why you couldn't go in. There are very sacred things that happen in the temple and when you turn 12 you will have a better understanding of those ordinances. Only the cleanest people can enter the house of the Lord. You are very clean and work hard to make good choices - so I know you will get the opportunity to go inside one day. I also know that if you continue on the path of righteousness, you will be able to be sealed to your own family there some day. 
The closest we can get to God is attending the temple. This world is filled with darkness and sin. It takes great courage to stand above the rest and keep yourself spotless from the sins that surround you. You are such a leader. I can see you teaching others about Jesus Christ and even serving a mission some day. I know you have so many individual traits that Heavenly Father blessed you with that will help you get through this life and that will help others to see the light as well. Thank you for always making your brother happy and helping to teach him by example. He sees you fold your arms so reverently for prayer, he watches you show love to others and I know he'll want to be just like you. Lucas, I love you so much. I know that Heavenly Father has a special love for you, too. He knows your trials and wants you to succeed. The scriptures will help you do that. Please remember to read and learn. Always know that life is easiest with the gospel. I can't wait to take you to the temple someday. You make me so proud already. Your smile lights up the room. 
I love you so much, Groobs. 

hugs & kisses, 
"mommy"



No comments:

Post a Comment